Pulley Install Problem

crazy4life

Established Member
Hey Everyone
I am in the processof installing a 10% overdrive pulley. Got the pulley half way on and it will not go any further in. Coated inside and outside with neversieze, key lined up and the pulley went on halfway and is not budging. tried an impact gun with 1/2 inch drive and it will not go any further. If i use a breaker bar the crank turns. Anyone have any idea's. I am done for tonight and will try again in the morning. Also I took the pulley off once to make sure key was lined up and that was not the problem. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

ND1381

Established Member
Hey Everyone
I am in the processof installing a 10% overdrive pulley. Got the pulley half way on and it will not go any further in. Coated inside and outside with neversieze, key lined up and the pulley went on halfway and is not budging. tried an impact gun with 1/2 inch drive and it will not go any further. If i use a breaker bar the crank turns. Anyone have any idea's. I am done for tonight and will try again in the morning. Also I took the pulley off once to make sure key was lined up and that was not the problem. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

If I remember correctly from when I did mine you need a 300mm long bolt to install the pulley.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
you have to saw off a small piece of metal on the engine

spincobra03

Established Member
add heat. heat loosens any thing

I know adding heat will loosen it but I would not suggest doing that. I have worked as an HVAC mechanic for many years and I have installed hundreds of pulley setups. Adding heat should be the last option. If your not careful you could warp something, it takes little to nothing to get something out of round, then your really F'd.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread