Pulley Puller ??'s

SVTyballz

Established Member
Are there any instructions posted anywhere for using this Amazon Racing pulley puller??? I can probably figger it out but would like to make sure. Also, what are the torque specs for that bolt that goes on after the new pulley?? Thanks

gary

bborder

Established Member
No instructions but I've used that puller and had detailed discussions about this with Rick and let me tell you it is VERY IMPORTANT to use anti seize anywhere and everywhere on that tool and inside the blower snout where you screw in the pilot bolt. I didn't use it the first time enough and the bolt inside the blower snout, broke off. Also, make sure that the pilot bolt is snug inside the blower snout before you start because otherwise you'll strip the threads if the bolt turns inside the snout. I speak from experience. Once I found the error of my ways and got another tool overnighted to me, thanks to Rick, it was smooth sailing. Email me if you need more info. [email protected]

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Experience is a great teacher!!!!

BB knows all the wrong ways to do it!:nono:

He is now an expert on pulley switches!

HA ! HA !

Dana

2thman

giggle gas expert
Established Member
Gary, I thought you were going with a lower crank pulley?

jason

SVTyballz

Established Member
Originally posted by 2thman
Gary, I thought you were going with a lower crank pulley?

jason

um uh...... i was. But im contemplating a blower upgrade next year so i didn't want to change the lower. yeah, that's the excuse and im sticking to it!!! hahahaha i can STILL do the lower anyway............ Hey, how was G'ville tonight?!?!?!

BB: HUGE thanks for the tips dude!!!!! Your advice made the job a piece of cake. You are right, i could do that swap in 10 minutes if i were to do it again.

PS: if anyone in the central Florida area needs a pulley swap, i have this $hit down.

gary

wyd_trkr

-
Established Member
Originally posted by SVTyballz

PS: if anyone in the central Florida area needs a pulley swap, i have this $hit down.

gary

Also, if anyone else needs to have their Supercharger Pulley changed out, we are available to do it on appointment. Hope this helps, as we do a few of them every weekend!

Users who are viewing this thread