pulley question

tx03snake

Established Member
currently on my car i believe i have a 2.93 upper and the reason why i say i believe is because i bought the car with it already on there but i am almost positive its a 2.93. the question i have is could i run a 6 or an 8 lb lower without having problems of maxing out the eaton? other thing is if i run a lower of that size do i need an alternator pulley to slow it down?

thanks for the help guys

Montanasvt

Established Member
I wouldn't run that big of a lower without a port... that eaton would be creating some massive heat and become very inefficient... i've read that some people run an upper and a 2lb or 4 lb lower w/o a port, but I still dont recommend that...its still alot of heat...I would just stick with the upper for now until you get a port... even then i would only get a 4lb lower...

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
With an unported Eaton, your best bet would be to switch out to a 2.76 upper, or add a 2 lb lower to your existing 2.93. If you port the Eaton, for the best street performance, the 2.93/4 lb or 2.76/2 lb would probably be your best all around boost producers. Start hitting the track and utilizing more aggressive strategies like larger intercooler reservoirs, aftermarket heat exchangers, and ice in your aftermarket IC boxes, then the 2.93/6 lb or 2.76/4 lb combos can be very effective.

A lot of folks think that just throwing more boost at the Eaton will cure all ills, but in actuality, you need the proper setup and strategies to make higher boost levels work efficiently with the Eaton supercharger

tx03snake

Established Member
thanks for the help guys. another question cause i was looking at new uppers for the car, will the billetflow non-slip pullies cause problems with belts for them breaking because of the grooves on the pulley? or does it cause a lot belt dust?

Users who are viewing this thread