pulley swap

Evileyes

Established Member
I have my 2.8 pulley, Idler and belt. If I get a pulley puller, how hard is it to swap the pulley yourself in the driveway. Has anyone done it, and if so any pointers.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
evil - the swap is very easy, MANY people have done it. If it is your first time it may take 30 min or so depending on your skill level.

But in the future you should really use the "search" feature for questions like this, because you could find a lot of info already posted about it. Here is a thread that will help you out:

http://svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70595

It is always good to try to search or look at the FAQ before you put a thread. Another good tip, there are regional forums you can go to, you might be able to find someone near you that would be willing to come help you out.

Good luck with the swap :beer:

Evileyes

Established Member
Originally posted by JKD COBRA
evil - the swap is very easy, MANY people have done it. If it is your first time it may take 30 min or so depending on your skill level.

But in the future you should really use the "search" feature for questions like this, because you could find a lot of info already posted about it. Here is a thread that will help you out:

http://svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70595

It is always good to try to search or look at the FAQ before you put a thread. Another good tip, there are regional forums you can go to, you might be able to find someone near you that would be willing to come help you out.

Good luck with the swap :beer:

Tried the search but could not find what I was looking for, but thanks for the link.:beer:

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
It took me 15 mins the first time. I couldn't be any easier. Just make sure you have a good pulley puller. Billet Flow's is very nice.

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
I used the Pulley Boys last week to do mine. I too was very apprehensive about it as I have never done a swap before, or even seen one done. I really took my time and followed the directions to a tee. It took about 45 min to an hour to take my stock pulley off, and put the new one on - but I was being VERY cautious and careful. Now that I have done one, I could do it again in half the time or better - it really is pretty straight forward.

Good luck,
Dan

Last edited:

dougwg

Established Member
I beat my record.... I'm down to 5 mins now :)

Now if I could just find a brave soul to let me use an impact gun .... hrmmmm ;-)

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Originally posted by dougwg
I beat my record.... I'm down to 5 mins now :)
DOUG WINS!! DOUG WINS!! DOUG WINS!! DOUG WINS!!

I concede. You are the champ.

I’m pretty sure I will never match that time.
I'm close though.

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread