Pulley/Tune only E55 goes 11.6 @120mph in FL HEAT, outruns a ZR1

GeoffGT

SVT Blumpster
Established Member
I love AMG! But these are very expensive cars to own, people need to know that before they purchase one.

PACIFICGREENSVT

Established Member
With the 3.0 weistec or 2.9 whipple, numbers are estimated at +600rwhp/+700rwtq which will put these cars in the 9's.... The real question will be, can the tranny and rear axles handle the hit.

Nope your going to kill that trans. If its the 140style trans or even the newer 722.9 it just wont last. The good news you can get a reman for about 3g's, the trans fluid alone 001-989-68-03-13 is 20bucks a bottle lol. Reman tq converter is about 1200 bucks.
let me know if you need any help with parts.
Dave.

NA_Cobra

Established Member
Nope your going to kill that trans. If its the 140style trans or even the newer 722.9 it just wont last. The good news you can get a reman for about 3g's, the trans fluid alone 001-989-68-03-13 is 20bucks a bottle lol. Reman tq converter is about 1200 bucks.
let me know if you need any help with parts.
Dave.

The 722.9 tranny is the 7spd in the CLS63s and CLS500/550s.

dizzygoat

Established Member
I love AMG! But these are very expensive cars to own, people need to know that before they purchase one.

Could you, or someone elaborate on this? Im in the market for another vehicle/toy and this was in high consideration. What you said plays a pretty decent role in the decision i make, along with maintenance costs.

redfire03 svt

Established Member
Could you, or someone elaborate on this? Im in the market for another vehicle/toy and this was in high consideration. What you said plays a pretty decent role in the decision i make, along with maintenance costs.

Alot of the high expense items have fallen away due to great aftermarket replacements. The main failure on the W211 E55 AMG was the airmatic, which used to be close to $1200 per corner to replace. Now, Arnott has come out with airmatic replacement for $400 per corner. Or, KW now offers a fully adjustable coilover conversion kits for the same cost as putting a cobra on coilovers.

The only high price item that is left is the brake job, which have great offerings now from porterfield, akebono to name a few at the fraction of the cost.

The 722.9 is not what is in the e55, it is the 722.6 and there is a huge difference. It is a much stouter tranny, and if maintained well, they have proven to be bullet proof on our platform. .

Last edited:

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
That's a badass car! What do they generally run in stock form, including stock tires? (Note, generally, not Hail Mary, negative DA at Atco passes.)

Users who are viewing this thread