Pulley ?

AhlCobra

Established Member
I have an 03 with a K&N FIPK, I am about to install a 2.8 pulley and get a tune from Speed Works..... I have read on here that I will need a heat exchanger or an idler pulley. The people at Speed Works said that I will not need anything more than a belt and the pulley. I am a little lost now... Any knowledge on this, please let me know.
Thanks

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
You do not need a heat exchanger. But with a 2.80 pulley it would be wise to go with an idler pulley

drkchk03svt

Established Member
Originally posted by AhlCobra
I have an 03 with a K&N FIPK, I am about to install a 2.8 pulley and get a tune from Speed Works..... I have read on here that I will need a heat exchanger or an idler pulley. The people at Speed Works said that I will not need anything more than a belt and the pulley. I am a little lost now... Any knowledge on this, please let me know.
Thanks

Are you refering to SpeedWorks in Lewisville? Let me know. I have the same setup and they did my tune.

CMilViper

Established Member
Re: Re: Pulley ?

Originally posted by drkchk03svt
Are you refering to SpeedWorks in Lewisville? Let me know. I have the same setup and they did my tune.

Yes...He is referring to Speedworks in Lewisville! Do you have any information on what all he might need, or info. on their tuning?

Thanks

drkchk03svt

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Pulley ?

Originally posted by CMilViper
Yes...He is referring to Speedworks in Lewisville! Do you have any information on what all he might need, or info. on their tuning?

Thanks

All the information anyone gives you is going to be based off personal experiences not facts usually. But I would love to help anyway I can. You can PM me and we can exchange numbers. It is easier than chatting about it.

Last edited:

drkchk03svt

Established Member
Quick list. Remember this is all based on my experience and opinion to get the best results for my car.

2.8 RR or BillitFlow
100 mm Billitflow Idler to prevent slip
Gates 740 Belt. I tried different sizes and this was best for my car.
2 degrees colder plugs. I went with TR6's
Fuel pressure and Boost gauges.

And last but least speedwords tune. DO NOT drive it under boost with parts installed before tune. I have watched MANY dyno runs and they all have ran dangerously lean with these mods. Let me know if you have questions about their tune or the mods I have changed and gained hp with.

Any other mods you have is just a plus!

Last edited:

CMilViper

Established Member
Thanks drkchk03svt...........Ahlcobra is at work, but I will tell him to send you a PM later on!

I think he is getting the pulley and tuning done this Saturday at the same time.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread