Pulleys and Oil pump problems?

Mach'n You

Established Member
I keep reading that aftermarket balancer will cause oil pump/engine problems but i NEVER find any incident of a person posting that they had a problems blaming it on the pulleys.

Does anyone know of one of these post and can point it out to me? So far I only see people talking about motors built to take 7500+ Rpm and are raced a LOT having problems.

01vert

Established Member
Go back a couple years if possible, piggyback pulleys and 7k dont seem to agree with eachother. Were quite a few on here thinking that oil pump gears shattering was related to the changed harmonics from piggyback pulleys. Used to be a lot of posts about it a while back and not so much recently.

cobraetti

part of the zombie squad
Established Member
I keep reading that aftermarket balancer will cause oil pump/engine problems but i NEVER find any incident of a person posting that they had a problems blaming it on the pulleys.

Does anyone know of one of these post and can point it out to me? So far I only see people talking about motors built to take 7500+ Rpm and are raced a LOT having problems.

were you thinking of the March #1158 Crank pulley?, I have be playing around with this idea as well.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
March #1158 is about the only pulley i would feel safe running IMO.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Go back a couple years if possible, piggyback pulleys and 7k dont seem to agree with eachother. Were quite a few on here thinking that oil pump gears shattering was related to the changed harmonics from piggyback pulleys. Used to be a lot of posts about it a while back and not so much recently.

Actually it was from small dampners, not piggy backs.

No one of the 9 or so failures were useing piggybacks. They were all race motors useing a small balancer.

Matter of fact keeping the big ass stock balancer is a good thing.

Mach'n You

Established Member
Actually it was from small dampners, not piggy backs.

No one of the 9 or so failures were useing piggybacks. They were all race motors useing a small balancer.

Matter of fact keeping the big ass stock balancer is a good thing.

Yes 7500rpm and a smaller crank pulley = not a good idea, but for 7-7200 it shouldnt be bad.

Users who are viewing this thread