Pulley's on, but the Predator tune is horrible

chrisle7220

Established Member
Last night installed my 2.93" SFPQH Dub system. I had bought a predator to go with it, and come to find out it has an old version. So it does not recognize an 04 model. I needed to update the predator but didnt have the serial cable and the power supply. It was already late at night(10:30), so everything was closed. Had to drive home with the 2.9" on stock tune, but i never hit boost. Anyways next morning went to office max, bought the supplies and installed the predator. Everything looked AOK, until i hit the dyno. That thing went lean!! 13.0!! Man if i hadnt had dynoed, i wouldve blown my motor after a few passes. But the peer pressure coming from fellow svt owners guided me into dynoing. And im so glad i did. We played with the fuel parameters on the predator and was able to get the a/f to about 11.6-11.8 from 2-4k and from 4-7k it was about 10. Still needs a little more work and tuning, but its better then being 13.0 Anyways i dynoed 452rwhp and 456rwtq. I will post the dyno graph later on today.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Glad you got it sorted out Chris. Thanks for coming today.
Marc...thanks for the help!!! :beer:

acrod

Established Member
The premade tunes on the predator lean out your car pretty bad from what I hear. Unless you have mild mods and use the lowest performance tune, it's best to get a custom tune.

Users who are viewing this thread