Pullied 03 Cobra vs 2008 Twin Turbo BMW 335i

TT6bmwTX

Established Member
Yeah, I got a BT cable. Used it the other day when the fuel pump cratered on me about 2 weeks ago.

stangposse

Established Member
I haven't heard that one yet. Although I have a whole week experience with them. lol :dw:

I have actually heard they hold up pretty good. Only things I have heard are the early runs having fuel pump and oil pump issues. Both have been taken care of on my car.

Like any car. They have their pluses and minuses.

PS: Here is a picture of my new ride.

rbwbja.jpg
[/IMG]

Congrats and nice car!! I've joined e90post and have been looking to get a 6mt 335i coupe for some time now as a dd. Those jb tunes are pretty insane but I'm having serious doubts about the reliability of these cars...that fuel pump issue you mentioned has been problematic in all 07-'09 cars...and many drivers have had 3 or 4 failures before 30k miles. Gotta love those bimmer guys though....they admit to taking their cars in FREQUENTLY and still stand by them. Good luck!

Boostinator

www.UltimateAutoPortal.co
Established Member
Congrats and nice car!! I've joined e90post and have been looking to get a 6mt 335i coupe for some time now as a dd. Those jb tunes are pretty insane but I'm having serious doubts about the reliability of these cars...that fuel pump issue you mentioned has been problematic in all 07-'09 cars...and many drivers have had 3 or 4 failures before 30k miles. Gotta love those bimmer guys though....they admit to taking their cars in FREQUENTLY and still stand by them. Good luck!

Thanks man.

I have been around the car world for awhile now. Kinda like the tick with the 03 Cobras. When you look at how many cars actually had that issue...it is very small. You have to consider all the owners out there. When we are part of message boards and forums we will get a lot more examples of issues like the tick or fuel pump.

People go on these boards to get answers to their questions when they have issues. I would not let that stop you from exploring the 335i bro. I told MANY people the same with a 03 04 Cobra. I would talk to so many people that were scared of buying one because they heard some of them had head tick issue. Those people are VERY happy they didn't listen to all the fear and went with it! :)

Test drive a 335i..keep doing your research. Have the car checked out really good. If you are concerned about issues like the fuel pump find one that has that recall done. Try to find one without mods if you have concerns. Take a look at the service records...and go for it!

I am loving mine so far.

Last edited:

Blaizon

Established Member

Yeah, the fuel pump issue does suck. The good thing though is BMW is extending the warranty on that part for 10 years or 120k. I've had to replace it on mine @ 22k and on my wifes at 19k.

Boostinator

Established Member
Yeah, the fuel pump issue does suck. The good thing though is BMW is extending the warranty on that part for 10 years or 120k. I've had to replace it on mine @ 22k and on my wifes at 19k.

Even knowing it's possible. Still would not scare me out of one. As you know...335i is well worth it.

stangposse

Established Member
Thanks man.

I have been around the car world for awhile now. Kinda like the tick with the 03 Cobras. When you look at how many cars actually had that issue...it is very small. You have to consider all the owners out there. When we are part of message boards and forums we will get a lot more examples of issues like the tick or fuel pump.

People go on these boards to get answers to their questions when they have issues. I would not let that stop you from exploring the 335i bro. I told MANY people the same with a 03 04 Cobra. I would talk to so many people that were scared of buying one because they heard some of them had head tick issue. Those people are VERY happy they didn't listen to all the fear and went with it! :)

Test drive a 335i..keep doing your research. Have the car checked out really good. If you are concerned about issues like the fuel pump find one that has that recall done. Try to find one without mods if you have concerns. Take a look at the service records...and go for it!

I am loving mine so far.

The tick issue was just a nuisance whereas the fuel pump issue resulted in failures...and according to the boards, the recall replacement pump is the same pump and they fail too.

Regardless, I loved the few that I test drove and I'm still looking and waiting for them to come down a little more in price so I can buy an extended CPO. Unlike my Cobra, the 335i would be a daily driver.

Boostinator

Established Member
The tick issue was just a nuisance whereas the fuel pump issue resulted in failures...and according to the boards, the recall replacement pump is the same pump and they fail too.

Regardless, I loved the few that I test drove and I'm still looking and waiting for them to come down a little more in price so I can buy an extended CPO. Unlike my Cobra, the 335i would be a daily driver.

Head tick could be a nuisance. Some of the very early runs with real cooling issues was more than a nuisance. That is why Ford replaced them.

A fuel pump is much easier to replace in my opinion.

Regardless, like the tick issue with the Terminator. I would not let it scare me.

You can find pretty good prices on 07's right now if you do some research. :beer:

They can be bought in the 25-28K range all day. :rockon:

Boostinator

Established Member
PS:

I have received several pms over the last few days with people that plan on buying a 335i.

For those of you that are looking.

FS: 2009 BMW 335i xDrive Sedan - BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum - E90Post.com

This guy has a 09 with 20K miles on it. Loaded to the gills. It is a 4-door 6M. He has a no reserve on e-bay that ends tomorrow. The price it is at right now is pretty much the same a really low mile 07-08 would go for. I am guessing it will end a couple thousand above where it is now. Still a nice deal!:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread