Pullied Terminator idles but stumbles with throttle

OnceBitten

Established Member
Car had been perfect since Kurgan tuned it. Now suddenly it idles and even free revs, but under any load it stumbles and runs like crap. Feels a bit like my Powerstroke did when fuel filter was toast...but that truck had well north of 100K and the car just turned 25k.

Could it be the fuel filter?

OnceBitten

Established Member
FRPS changed, fuel filter changed, MAF cleaned (although it looked brand new), plugs swapped to BR7EF @ .24, vacuum leaks checked for but none found...and still the same.

A more detailed explanation would be that it idles cleanly, and even revs with light throttle. But give it enough throttle to induce more than say 10lbs of boost and boost falls to zero, RPM drops several hundred RPM and it falls on its face until you let off, at which time it resumes a perfect idle.

WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT???!?!?!?

Speed Demon

Established Member
Have you checked your fuel pressure? May have 1 pump bad so it has fuel for idle and light load but not enough for boost conditions.

If you have a PPRV delete drop the tank and make sure the lines are not kinked or have come off.

cobrakon

Established Member
FRPS changed, fuel filter changed, MAF cleaned (although it looked brand new), plugs swapped to BR7EF @ .24, vacuum leaks checked for but none found...and still the same.

A more detailed explanation would be that it idles cleanly, and even revs with light throttle. But give it enough throttle to induce more than say 10lbs of boost and boost falls to zero, RPM drops several hundred RPM and it falls on its face until you let off, at which time it resumes a perfect idle.

WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT???!?!?!?

.24 gap?? is that what most people are running? i've got my ngk's at a .34 gap making close to 500hp.

Last edited:

OnceBitten

Established Member
Have you checked your fuel pressure? May have 1 pump bad so it has fuel for idle and light load but not enough for boost conditions.

If you have a PPRV delete drop the tank and make sure the lines are not kinked or have come off.

Yeah, this will be the next step...hope to have time early this week.

uuummmm, take it back to your tuner:shrug:

Easier said than done. I don't love the idea of trailering the car 75 miles one way, and Kurgan is really tied up at the moment. If I can fix it myself I'm obviously going to be better off in all regards.

just curious if a .24 gap is what most stock terminators are set at???

The 5k mile TR6 plugs were at .28/.29 when I pulled them. I also typo'd...that should have been .25 and it's what they were out of the box. It's also not stock, despite the signature...I guess we need a [SARCASM] tag :D

Last edited:

OnceBitten

Established Member
to me, sounds like one of your fuel pumps has failed OR one of hte lines in the tank have come undone..

bob kurgan

You're still the man, Bob. If it weren't so far from me to you, I'd have just let you deal with this from the get-go...in retrospect, I wish I'd have just trailered it to you anyway :D

Thanks for the quick fix and impeccable service!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread