Pulling eaton/tranny and installing KB..tips and advice..

87FOXGT

Established Member
Ok guys the time has finally come for me to start my KB build up with my car. I am just looking around online for anywhere that may have a good write up/pics on removal of the eaton and also removal of the tranny. (putting in LDC mod and new dfx setup) It doesnt look that hard, i jus want to make sure i do everything the easiest way possible and dont make life harder for myself.

Just FYI, heres what i will be installing on the car in the coming days/weeks when i have the time..

2.2 KB
Accufab TB
KB BAP
Centerforce DFX disc, CF PP, Centerforce Alum Flywheel, CF TOB
Liberty 26 spline IS, Mcleod TOB sleeve
Bassani Headers (thinking of having these installed, looks like a huge PITA)
JLT 12 inch CAI
60 lb/hr inj
SCT 2400 MAF
LFP HE
PFab IC
BilletFlow IRS Brace
Dynotune Dry kit
MM subframes.

Thats just a quick listing off the top of my head. So if you guys have any tips or advice or links to pages that show how to make the install process less painful i would greatly appreciate it. I am a 5.0 guy, and this is the first time i will be digging into a 03-04, so I am gonna rely on you guys to yell at me and point me in the easiest way to do things. Thanks alot!!!!

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
If you're going to have the car torn that far apart anyway, I would just figure on dropping the K member and bolting on the headers.

87FOXGT

Established Member
Thanks guys! I think I will have the headers installed though, really dont have the room to drop the k member!

Users who are viewing this thread