Pully question

BlownReptile

Established Member
I just recently picked up my Cobra- and it is currently bonestock. Eventually, I want to go Whipple/ported (still undecided)- but for now I want to do a pulley swap, so I have some power while I gather up all the supporting mods for the power I want to eventually make. Whats the best pulley setup for an unported Eaton?

wlg101190

Established Member
2.93 upper 4# lower, best belt wrap, but a good amount of heat. I have been running it for a while, beating the hell out the car and no problems.

MustangMikeKy

Whippled L
Established Member
i had a 2.76 upper and stock lower . . . made 474

other things on it were FIPK, TB, O/R X, catback

MustangMikeKy

Whippled L
Established Member
If just going with an upper pulley, do I need to swap the idlers?

mine were stock . . . when I went to the Whipple, I def needed an upgrade, but my stock ones were fine for my upper only setup . . .

i do recommend getting a snub idler for belt wrap, and if u get an upper, get a billetflow "non slip" pulley . . . i never had any slip :rockon:

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
If you not going to go with a lower pulley definetely get the 2.75/2.76 pulley. You don't need to change the idlers, but adding the aux. idler will help with preventing belt slip. If you want the most out of it then a lower would be needed. If I was doing it I would add a 4lb lower along with the 2.75 upper.

Users who are viewing this thread