Kooks Long Tube Headers (1 3/4 inch)
Kooks Noncatted X-Pipe
ZEX Nitrous Kit (125 shot)
SLP Loud Mouth Axle Back Exhaust
Aluminum drive shaft
Moser 8.8 Axles - 31 Spline
4:10 gears
Custom Dyno tune for NA and Nitrous

I am looking for around 380-400 hp 425-480 tq on nitrous.

Tuning will be conducted by Wes from Sho-me-speed, Springfield, MO

Are my gains reasonable? The only mod I have on my car right now is the RAI and Flowmaster axleback. Let me know what you think of my soon to be set-up. Thanks.

Last edited:

dark-knight

Established Member
sounds good. and numbers are reachable. My tuner tells me i need a SVT focus pump to run anything over 100, but i see guys all day long doin 125-150 shots with stock fuel systems on here :shrug:

glittle75

Established Member
yeah, thats tuners with more confidence or experience doing that. Tuners usually go with what they KNOW works, or what they feel comfortable with. If your tuner says you need that much pump for a 100 shot, then he thinks you do. where as some other tuner like, say, john lund may be able to get it done on the stock system.
they are running a business, hate to tune your shit for the stock pump, not get it dead on and you blow it, and blame it on them. hurts business.

01CobraRJ21

Established Member
how much horsepower can machs have without it blowing up...since they dont have anything forged? I know the 01 cobras can have about 450rw but anything over that it will probably blow

Newskool Mach

9 second club
Established Member
how much horsepower can machs have without it blowing up...since they dont have anything forged? I know the 01 cobras can have about 450rw but anything over that it will probably blow

Rule of thumb is less than 500. I made 442RWHP on a stock 60000 mile shortblock for 40000 miles or so and never missed a beat but I have heard some guys blowing up our motors in the high 300's so anything is possible. A good tune and good fuel system are most important.

dark-knight

Established Member
yeah, thats tuners with more confidence or experience doing that. Tuners usually go with what they KNOW works, or what they feel comfortable with. If your tuner says you need that much pump for a 100 shot, then he thinks you do. where as some other tuner like, say, john lund may be able to get it done on the stock system.
they are running a business, hate to tune your shit for the stock pump, not get it dead on and you blow it, and blame it on them. hurts business.

Yep, thats true. My tuners famous with Fords. (Tony Gonyon) so whatever he thinks is best, is what im gonna do..:D

Users who are viewing this thread