Purchasing a 93

04mellowyellow

Ford Nut
Established Member
I'm getting ready to go and look at a 93 lightning and wanted to know what to look for that will distinguish it as a lightning. It has only one fuel door and the seller claims the previous owner replaced the bed due to rust.

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
is the seller in exceslor springs? actually, i'm almost 1000% sure that is my old truck. if so, i'da bought it back myself if i had the $$$ laying around. i did alot of work on that thing.

Last edited:

FastazzL

Hot Potato Handler
Established Member
Color matched bumpers and front grill. Lightning seats. But come to think of it, if a lot has been changed, then it would be more difficult to tell. Also, it would have the 17's and under the hood it would have a lightning plaque on the top of the engine. Hope this helps some.

AJ

04mellowyellow

Ford Nut
Established Member
Thanks for all your help Chris. I went and look at it today and I have to say that is one freakin clean truck. Everything works on it except the A/C and it ran like a champ. The only downside is it shifts really hard through the gears. Not sure if that is due to the shift kit. I should have her in my garage by the weekend.

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
yes, that is the ftvb valve body. once you get used to driving the truck you will be able to mellow the shifts a little. i have gotten it to chirp third before. hope the truck is good to you. and try and get everything extra for it too. i gave him lots of stuff.

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
factory floor mats. extra taillights. center seat (non-factory). lots of paperwork (dynographs, etc). original front springs. original airbox. spare tire carrier. shit, i can't remember it all. the bed was pretty much full of extra stuff though.

04mellowyellow

Ford Nut
Established Member
Thanks again. I pretty much got everything you mentioned. I forgot to ask about what octane gasoline should I be running on?

Last edited:

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
we need to meet up. looks like he made some changes. looks real good man!

58red93

Established Member
What is a good price on a nice '93, all there except bed cover, no mods, straight, no rust, good paint, correct wheels. The truck appears to be all there and stock but shows 95000 miles.

03redfirevert.

coyote eater
Established Member
good price

anything less than KBB is a good price, my 94 with 190k on the clock I paid 5 grand for, It is real clean tho and was owned by an airline tech. Has a few bolt ons and such,only thing I had to do when i got it was get the damn 31" all terrains of off it,I have no idea what went through his head on that one,lol

58red93

Established Member
Got a better look at today and drove. Some rust in lower tailgate edge. Shows signs of a repaint at some time. Paint has a few very small nicks. Drove & ran good but nothing really outstanding in performance.
Here's a photo:

Last edited:

58red93

Established Member
here's a photo
100_4278.gif

Last edited:

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
you've got to remember, in 93 these trucks would run with stangs and camaros, but in todays world they are slow. a stock gen 1 will still hang with a new silverado ss though! lol

Users who are viewing this thread