purchasing an 03

92lxhatchback

Established Member
i went to a local dealership today, tasca ford.
they had one silver 03 with chrome wheels. the msrp was 35,000. the sales person told me that the mark up on it was 1500 and any other dealer probably has a 2-3 grand mark up.
he also asked me if i wanted an automatic or a standard.
i said they only come in standard, he said ohh yea i know that.
i also asked him if they were getting anymore in, because i was interested in either a redfire coupe or a darkshadow grey coupe.
he said that cobras are ordered so they don't usually have any on the lot. he said the guy who ordered this one ran into financial trouble. how is this possible? if i go to rodman ford they usually have a hand full of cobras, along with saleens and roushs.
the msrp on the rodman cars are 32-33.

whats the deal with the mark up, is he just talking out of his a$$. and how should i go about talking them down.
this will be my first new car purchase so any advice you guys have would be appreciated.

DSG03Snake

Established Member
Buy it somewhere else, I got mine for a little under MSRP and most of the dealerships around here are horrible.

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
Thats way too high right now...here is a great deal on one in that color you want!! Worth just to fly in and drive home or have it trailered.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6236&item=2419191267

Edit...just make sure your state doesnt need to have the California Emissions Certification on the car...cause most dont come that way. I bought mine from www.JackyJones.com a Ford dealer in Georgia and all went great..shipped it and all...to me in New Jersey...we dont need that California crap on our cars here though..
Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

Last edited:

OCCOBRA

Picture Whirled Peas
Established Member
If you can prove you can buy it just keep saying no. They are not going to let you go at that point. They had a 5k mark up when i went looking and at both places i went i they wenty down to msrp after a little time with them.

Fang

Established Member
Do Not Pay Any Markup. These guys stopped marking them up late last fall in my hood. I would only pay sticker at most. The market is on your side. The 04's are on the way.

Brad

Banned
Originally posted by 92lxhatchback
i went to a local dealership today, tasca ford.
they had one silver 03 with chrome wheels. the msrp was 35,000. the sales person told me that the mark up on it was 1500 and any other dealer probably has a 2-3 grand mark up.
he also asked me if i wanted an automatic or a standard.
i said they only come in standard, he said ohh yea i know that.
i also asked him if they were getting anymore in, because i was interested in either a redfire coupe or a darkshadow grey coupe.
he said that cobras are ordered so they don't usually have any on the lot. he said the guy who ordered this one ran into financial trouble. how is this possible? if i go to rodman ford they usually have a hand full of cobras, along with saleens and roushs.
the msrp on the rodman cars are 32-33.

whats the deal with the mark up, is he just talking out of his a$$. and how should i go about talking them down.
this will be my first new car purchase so any advice you guys have would be appreciated.

Go to Rodman ford.. tell them Brad Swerling sent you down for an 03 cobra.. they will give you a great deal.. PM me and let me know if you're going down there.. and I'll let them know you're coming in..

right now they have a yellow coupe. red fire vert and coupe.. a white coupe.. and a black one too..

Good luck.

92lxhatchback

Established Member
thanks for the replies guys
although i appreciate the info i don't think i will be buying a car from as far away as illinois.

Brad, thanks for the info. i'll pm you if i choose to purchase one from rodman.

Brad

Banned
Originally posted by 92lxhatchback
thanks for the replies guys
although i appreciate the info i don't think i will be buying a car from as far away as illinois.

Brad, thanks for the info. i'll pm you if i choose to purchase one from rodman.

Sounds good, good luck!

~Brad

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Originally posted by itpphoto
Willowbrook Ford in Illinois $2800 under, 630-985-5000, 3 in stock, red, DSG, black, fly in I'll pick you up, drive home.

Oh, now they're dealing. They didn't want to go down more than about $1,000 when I was looking in March. I wonder if that's the same DSG coupe they had then?

Call several dealers until you find one who will deal. Print some threads from here dealing with what people have already paid and show them some of the low purchase prices. Tell them you have more dealers to call so give you a price that will make you come back.

Edit-From a former Calypso Green '92 LX Hatchback owner!

Last edited:

KenCobra03

Factory Rated 390 HP, much more now
Established Member
Bonnell Ford in Winchester,Mass. has two Cobra Converts,
one Redfire and one Sonic Blue for $39,405.
Sonic Blue Coupe for $34,925.
Black Coupe for $35,065.
Silver Coupe for $35,760.
These are the figures you pay.I bought a Silver Coupe
for $34,925 in February.
Sue Bonnell at [email protected]
877-729-9700 ext. 562

Users who are viewing this thread