Purchasing Assistance

Tcbteng

Established Member
I am going through the process of purchasing now. I have never "ordered" a brand new vehicle, only purchased off the lot. Anything I need to be looking for?

Zeroescence

Established Member
Make sure the dealer sells quite a few mustangs a year or it could take months to receive your car. My dealer sells 3-5 stangs a year. I have been waiting 8 weeks and don't even have a VIN.

SVTSlingshot

Ya, that's my Shelby
Established Member
A PayPal account representing your Shelby GT500 purchase we can donate to. Just joking, don't pay over MSRP.

1320nut

Shelby Girl
Established Member
Make sure your dealer does have an allocation for the order!

x2 on this! Heard of too many horror stories, with the Shelby as well as other vehicles. I've heard that if you have a DORA then the dealer does in fact have allocation, but sometimes I wonder.

If you don't want to wait, then there are plenty out there for over MSRP. If you don't want to pay over MSRP, then you'll have to be a little patient. I was told today that mine wouldn't be built until 3rd quarter--needless to say my patience is definitely being tested!

willfong

Established Member
MSRP is harder to find each day. If you can find below MSRP jump on it that minute. If you can find MSRP better not sleep on it for more than a night. I just spoke to the Cali dealer today I left a deposit less than a week ago and he told me I pulled the trigger just in time because this weekend after his team meeting they agreeded they would sell their remaining allocations for $4,999 over MSRP

Or if you don't mind waiting for a 2014 or you want to roll the dice and see if another couple of rounds of allocations become available for the 2013 to cool off the demand then that might be a good strategy. As for me after calling 2 dozen dealers on the west coast and a few on the east coast, I pulled the trigger once I found a 2013 at MSRP.

Good luck hunting boys and girls.

Tcbteng

Established Member
K, thanks for all the input. The dealer is in LA, so I am guessing they sell at least a few Mustangs a year. I have been unofficially promised MSRP, though they originally asked for $8000 over, solely because I am in the Military, so it helped me for once....possibly. I have already sent my scanned documents, filled out their credit app, given them a $1000 down payment etc. so now just awaiting the ordering steps. Will see how it goes. They have stated they have allocations left.

Users who are viewing this thread