Push rod size??

CobraT_Type

Established Member
I was just wondering what size push Rods I will need for my build. I have a set of gt40p heads with Alex springs, comp cam magnum roller rockers, comp cam lifters, and a 270h cam. Any kind of help would be awesome thx guys/gals!!

CobraT_Type

Established Member
Still nothing anyone can help with? I'm getting ready to hot tank my block, install new cam bearings, oil plugs and freeze plugs then install the heads... so I'm kinda stuck.. will the stockers work?

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
Are the heads shaved/milled?

Best thing is to get/borrow a pushrod length checker. However, on average they can be anywhere in the 6.250 to 6.300 range. So getting the tool to measure would be your best bet.

jbrown1238

Built on 4-7-03 @ 3:47:15
Established Member
Are the heads shaved/milled?

Best thing is to get/borrow a pushrod length checker. However, on average they can be anywhere in the 6.250 to 6.300 range. So getting the tool to measure would be your best bet.

I agree, this is the only way to be sure. The push rod length checker tool can be found on eBay, Jegs, Summit, etc. for about $15.00 to $20.00. Then you just need to find someone who can measure it for you. I go to my local machine shop to have it measured.

Users who are viewing this thread