put a deposit on a 13 boss.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
Worked a nice deal on a recaro/car cover 13 boss and paid my deposit today. I head out of state tomorrow to hopefully pick it up. All pending what interest rate I can get. I'm putting a large amount down on it.

hopefully pics to come.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
Congrats, You will love it. Have fun

I do indeed love it! Had the dealer pull the baffles before I even got there to pick it up. most amazing factory exhaust ever!

I'm guessing its GHIG..

HAHA! No. The wife said she liked the green but I got race red. I called to put a deposit on a white one but was a minute late. ended up getting a better deal on this one plus the car cover.

Good luck, hope it all works out. Hoped you save enough to order an MGW shifter... :coolman:

I have more than enough. I plan to order it right after I get the track key program, hood struts, clutch line upgrade, lca, phb, and springs. maybe even another set of wheels for street use. keep the boss wheels for track/auto x. most people hate the boss wheels but they are growing on me. the wife loves them.

Pics coming

forcefedcobra

Established Member
at the dealer
20130511_130540_zps4251cd3c.jpg

driving home
20130511_150153_zps92dbe8e3.jpg

pitstop with the wifes 13 exploder sport
20130511_162934_zps360f10d3.jpg

home and detailed
20130511_192815_zpse9cb2171.jpg

20130511_203457_zps2cdccb8f.jpg

forcefedcobra

Established Member
Nice! So I'm assuming the cobra is gone? Who bought it?

cobra and a slew of parts is gone. time for a new venture. Buyer came down from iowa to get it without the tf wheels. emwun garand picked up the wheels as soon as I got home with the boss today.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
So envious. Like the color the rims black and red?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

thank you. The race red with boss stripes and wheels really pops. I will probably get another set of wheels for street duty and keep the boss wheels for auto x and track days.

Tyler72

Established Member
thank you. The race red with boss stripes and wheels really pops. I will probably get another set of wheels for street duty and keep the boss wheels for auto x and track days.

This was my original plan as well... Until I figured out that nobody makes road race slicks for a 19 or 20 inch wheel. But there are tons of options in an 18. So looks like plan B is to get a set of 18" AMR style wheels from AM for cheap & run hoosier road race slicks on those. Then I'll slap some really good Michelins on my factory wheels & scoot around town on those. I really wanted to keep the stock wheels for racing & put a set of 20's on it for just driving around but that's not really an option if you want a real race tire.

Last edited:

forcefedcobra

Established Member
This was my original plan as well... Until I figured out that nobody makes road race slicks for a 19 or 20 inch wheel. But there are tons of options in an 18. So looks like plan B is to get a set of 18" AMR style wheels from AM for cheap & run hoosier road race slicks on those. Then I'll slap some really good Michelins on my factory wheels & scoot around town on those. I really wanted to keep the stock wheels for racing & put a set of 20's on it for just driving around but that's not really an option if you want a real race tire.

Good thinking Tyler. I hadnt realy looked into road race slicks. I'll be starting off on stocker tires and relearning things with this car. going from a built irs to a stick axle will be a big change. as I improve my driving and make small improvements to the car I'm sure I'll be looking to upgrade to a full road race tire setup.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
track key program and a set of hood struts ordered. still milling over if I want to order a slew of parts or just enjoy it stock for a while. lca, phb, springs, shifter are on my list.

mtrsprt

Established Member
Smart move for putting down a good chunk of money. I put $19,000.00 down on mine.

Race Red is the best Boss color IMO. Looks gorgeous. Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread