Put me on the list 10 Sec Eaton!!!!!!1

mustang john

Established Member
What are these rotors made from? I've heard that with lighter rotors you can really spin the Eaton alot harder because of the weight reduction. This could be the reason for the 2.65 upper and 4lb. lower? How many pounds of boost are you seeing?

If i remember correctly from ttk53s threads they have a bit more twist to them that the standard m112 rotors, i dont remember if they are lighter or not.

ttk53

Established Member
What are these rotors made from? I've heard that with lighter rotors you can really spin the Eaton alot harder because of the weight reduction. This could be the reason for the 2.65 upper and 4lb. lower? How many pounds of boost are you seeing?

If i remember correctly from ttk53s threads they have a bit more twist to them that the standard m112 rotors, i dont remember if they are lighter or not.

They arnt any lighter, spining the eaton any harder wouldnt make any sence. They just have more twist and are said to flow better up top.

CobraStruck

Fastest Eaton/6-Speed/IRS
Established Member
They arnt any lighter, spining the eaton any harder wouldnt make any sence. They just have more twist and are said to flow better up top.

Why wouldn't spinning the blower any harder make sense? I know Eatons heat soak very quickly. Is this your reasoning?

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Yeah, I believe Steigemeier is working on replacement lightweight rotors. Can see a reduction in parasitic drag for sure.

ttk53

Established Member
Why wouldn't spinning the blower any harder make sense? I know Eatons heat soak very quickly. Is this your reasoning?

Yes

Yeah, I believe Steigemeier is working on replacement lightweight rotors. Can see a reduction in parasitic drag for sure.

anything you pick up from parasitic drag will be lost to heat from spining the blower harder.

My car has a steel FW I would pick up way more with a aluminum fw than taking a few grams out of the rotors.

Then drilling out rotors opens a whole new set of stresses and would cause the rotors to grow in a manner that was never thought about. I still think the lightweight rotors are a waste of time.

ttk53

Established Member
took the car to the scales, but had the 18's on. car was 3720 with me in it

will be going back sometime with the big & littles

Users who are viewing this thread