Put new Valve covers on the Notch....what do you think?

MPRT_H8R

Established Member
i traded out the chrome ford racing valve covers and put on some trick flow covers that i painted Ford Racing Blue, then painted the GT-40 intake so it would match up. here are some pictures. enjoy!!:beer:

img2642wg6.jpg

img2643et7.jpg

img2645is1.jpg

img2646yq3.jpg

img2649tj1.jpg

img2650pd5.jpg

Last edited:

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
Yeah I love Ford blue, but I really don't feel it with the rest of your car. On the other hand the 10th Ann. Cobra wheels look great on the car.

I'll be down there the 18th for Joe's wedding....prob stay with Dave

MPRT_H8R

Established Member
venomous said:
Yeah I love Ford blue, but I really don't feel it with the rest of your car. On the other hand the 10th Ann. Cobra wheels look great on the car.

I'll be down there the 18th for Joe's wedding....prob stay with Dave
cool, are you driving your notch down? if you do we need to set up some photos!! see you the 18th

BelvedereGTX

Banned
Car is kickass. Very nice taste. Dont shoot me, but the painted IAC doesnt fall into place with the rest of the engine and car. If it wasnt looking to good you couldve polished it. The paint is falling off it and makes people wander about the rest of your modifications.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
I'm loving the exterior shot, but under the hood...not so much. Why the blue theme? I would put factory valve covers back on, repaint the GT-40 intake to how its suppose to look, ditch the blue wire loom, black of silver plug wires, and also lose the BBK cold air intake. The stock air box looks a million times better, and also, you're only running half the BBK piece. The stock air box(besides looking better) draws air from outside the engine bay, unlike you current hot air intake setup.

MPRT_H8R

Established Member
Kevins89notch said:
I'm loving the exterior shot, but under the hood...not so much. Why the blue theme? I would put factory valve covers back on, repaint the GT-40 intake to how its suppose to look, ditch the blue wire loom, black of silver plug wires, and also lose the BBK cold air intake. The stock air box looks a million times better, and also, you're only running half the BBK piece. The stock air box(besides looking better) draws air from outside the engine bay, unlike you current hot air intake setup.

the engine bay was smoothed when i got the car so the current air intake is all i can do until i modify it. i already have a few different plans to do it but it takes time and money and i want to make sure its done right the first time. one plan is to simply recut the hole and put a JLT kit on it and the other plan is to keep the air filter right where it is and make a lovuered hood when my Cobra R hood gets here.

As far as the blue theme i like the way the Blue goes with the grey on my car and i just wanted something that not everyone has. the blue loom is a temporary add of color to see if i was going to like the blue and obviously i did.

I like the Trick Flow valve covers because they go along with the Trick Flow heads. i got rid of the Chrome Ford racing ones for three reasons. the first reason is because they were not for EFI engines, two EVERYONE seems to have chrome valve covers, and three a buddy of mine is building an 86 notch and needed valve covers for a carburated motor. I like the blue and the look of the painted covers, stock just dosent do it for me.

The GT40 is going to be polished, so painting it is not an option. the intake will match the valve covers. at the end of the day it is my car and i like it but i really do appreciate your input.:beer:

Last edited:

GTO30272

Established Member
I like it, looks good. Don't see too many Fox bodies that look that good anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread