Put the insurance back on the cobra last night and went for a ride

fatboyq

Established Member
HOly shit, after driving my 99 ecsort and my wifes 99 A6 2.8 the 99 cobra felt like a F-16 with the cold chiacago air the thing loves to take off. I love cold air. I have had the insurance off the car and have not driven it in over 8 weeks, today was the first day and Im driving till there is snow back on the ground. :) :) :)

green99_svt

Established Member
fatboyq said:
HOly shit, after driving my 99 ecsort and my wifes 99 A6 2.8 the 99 cobra felt like a F-16 with the cold chiacago air the thing loves to take off. I love cold air. I have had the insurance off the car and have not driven it in over 8 weeks, today was the first day and Im driving till there is snow back on the ground. :) :) :)

hey how you been, i though about taking mine out too as all that rain washed the salt away. mabe tomorrow will be the magic day

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
I pulled the 99 out and took it to the car wash yesterday for a little spin. I just have storage insurance so I shouldn't have been driving it, but I wanted to...

I'm like you, cold Illinois air, lots of horsepower and having been driving a 4-banger for months makes the car feel like an absolute monster. With all the sand still on the pavement, traction is a four letter word.

Ahh well, it is back under the cover and put away in the garage for a while longer.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Wha???

oh wait. ya'll have to stop driving it.....*snicker*

seriously though, i couldn't imagine it.

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
I drive mine through the winter when the roads are clean. Not a daily driver, but man, I just can't wait for spring. I need a weekly fix at least. Car really runs great in the cold air...after you warm her up properly. I put on a set of Pirelli PZero Nero M&S all-season radials...incredible how stickie they are in sub-freezing weather. Just watch out for the black ice. She won't see snow though. Enjoy.

fatboyq

Established Member
I should have put it back on the road 2-3 weeks ago, weather in chicago has been great. It rained a few times so all the salt is gone from the roads.

What motivated me was my wife and I went for dinner to Evanston last weekend and I seen 3 new Porsche 911 in the valet area. I was like man these guys are driving 60K cars and Im keeping my 12-13k car in the garage?

I missed the sound, power, handling of the snake and this cars draws more attention than Pamela Anderson in a bikini. Lots of looks, stares etc..

Users who are viewing this thread