putting a 97 cobra car into a 88coupe

ksigatmsu7f02

Established Member
Thats a 97 dash? What'd you do to get rid of the clock....does it just come off and look clean underneath? I have a 98 so I wondered why no one ever just removed it....

jimmygti

Established Member
i'd take the clock out and run the wideband back there like the ngk wideband box so the numbers show where the clock was it would look sweet but don't know if it's possible lol :shrug:

fast_lane

Cobra Junkie
Established Member
Looks good

I like the way that looks. I supose since the back seat is so different, you can have the one out of the 88 matched to the front seats.
Is the engine also going to be Cobra?:beer:

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
that is a big project to take on but i bet there is only a handful of people that have done it. good luck man and keep the pics rolling.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
^^^I like the idea of putting guages there in place of the clock.

i'd take the clock out and run the wideband back there like the ngk wideband box so the numbers show where the clock was it would look sweet but don't know if it's possible lol :shrug:

yes it is possible. there are a couple of companies that make gauge pods to replace the clock pod. Late Model Restoration has them for 39.00. they also make a plate that goes into the dash underneath the radio that holds 3 gauges. I am putting both into my 95 rebuild.

Currently we plan to put the EGT and Boost in the clock pod and the A/F wideband (speedhut gauge and innovate LC1+ kit) oil temp and fuel pressure in the radio pod. but the configuration is very flexible

CrazyPerson

Established Member
black leather seats from the cobra donor car, i'll get some more pics up asap. complete interior is done, full 5 lug is done. tubular kmember is done. tokicko shocks,eibach springs, eibach sway bars, panhard bar, lower control arms. engine is in the car but havent finished engine bay wiring yet. more pics to com3e!

Users who are viewing this thread