Putting motor back in wheres this vacuum line go?

ModularMax

Fast Cars & Freedom
Established Member
The line comes off the egr valve on the left valve cover via a plastic hose in a U shape. it has a very big hard rubber hose that goes on it and goes into the back of the Super Charger and its T'd and a smaller rubber hose that goes toward the right hand side of the motor. help please.

ModularMax

Fast Cars & Freedom
Established Member
I have a vacuum line I can't find where it goes. It is on the back of the motor. It attaches to the large port on the back of the blower. One of the ends goes to the pcv port on the drivers side valve cover. The other line is a bit smaller in diameter and Tees off in the middle of this big line. It is about a foot long and seems to go to the passenger side of the motor. I can find no open ports or other lose lines in the area. every thing else is hooked up and looks normal. Can any one help me find the other end of this?

Black306

Established Member
vacuum3.jpg

cobra=trouble

Established Member
wish i could help man but i deleted mine so i cant go look.

btw how did you pull your motor out ? just the motor from the top and left the trans in ?
or
drop the motor and trans out the bottom via. k member way ?

ModularMax

Fast Cars & Freedom
Established Member
D, Thanks for the picture! Does that line straight down just dangle? It makes no sense to me to have an open line on this circuit.

nolyaw

Been there owned that
Established Member
It connects to the underside of the intake manifold

ModularMax

Fast Cars & Freedom
Established Member
In answer to how I pulled the motor, motor & trans out the top.It wasn't bad.Headers stay on, drive shaft & two small cross members & trans mount were removed,soft cargo strap was placed behind motor mounts but in front of starter. It gives just the right tilt to come out clean. I did it alone with no help. I put it back in the same way. The blower was off the motor. Hope it helps you on your next project.

ModularMax

Fast Cars & Freedom
Established Member
Derek, Just wanted to thank you for your help. disconnected the nonsense, put the motor hoist on the blower/manifold, lifted it 3" put the hose on and wala! I guess I didn't mention it was in the car. Thanks Brother, I'll not forget that hose again!

Users who are viewing this thread