Pypes x pipe cracked...?

grabber blue gt

Established Member
So I got under my car today cause I knew I had an exhaust leak since I have to usually once a month due to the crap supplied bolts that pypes supplies with their kit that arent thread locked, and found that it actually wasnt the bolts this time and it was the x pipe itself that was cracked. It cracked right where the "slinky" looking joint is, right behind the connection that connects to the headers.

What should I do about this? I purchased them not even a year ago through beefcake and the setup has not even 3k miles on it. I will upload a picture to show you guys, but its literally a clean cut almost as if it was done with a saw. I would hope pypes will send me a replacement because this shouldnt be. There is no damage anywhere else on the xpipe as if I wouldve hit a something.

SuperBlownGT

Forever CoBro!
Established Member
Good luck getting anything from them. I bought a full system for my 06 when it was new. Horrible fit and rattle. They didn't even want to talk.

04compgt

Established Member
Call Pypes and send them pictures of what happened to the exhaust. They will replace it for you free of charge.

scott_0

Established Member
call them and explain calmly your situation, the saying "you get more bees with honey than vinegar" makes all the sense in the world. when I called them about my header issue the tech Brandon I spoke too was very helpful, sent me a replacement header out the next day, I thought their customer service was awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread