Q & A Session... - Ask a Ford Dealer

Massie02GT

Established Member
I have a question about Manufacturer Buyback Title Vehicles.

What is the best way to go about finding out why a car was bought back by Ford? The dealership with the car has zero record of it and a call to Ford was less than helpful. I tried just googling the VIN, but that didn’t lead to anything either.

What other options are there? Is that something that any dealer can look up using the VIN?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have a question about Manufacturer Buyback Title Vehicles.

What is the best way to go about finding out why a car was bought back by Ford? The dealership with the car has zero record of it and a call to Ford was less than helpful. I tried just googling the VIN, but that didn’t lead to anything either.

What other options are there? Is that something that any dealer can look up using the VIN?

The dealership is lying. If they bought it at the auction they have been supplied with a packet of information from Ford that explains why it was purchased back. If they traded for it, they can pull an OASIS and it will show them exactly why it was purchased back.

Massie02GT

Established Member
The dealership is lying. If they bought it at the auction they have been supplied with a packet of information from Ford that explains why it was purchased back. If they traded for it, they can pull an OASIS and it will show them exactly why it was purchased back.

Not surprising on the lying part. They really are shitty.

Is that a report I can pull myself?

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
13C,
As I am getting older and my body is beat to hell. I need a smooth ride with some balls. What does ford have? Do you have any ins on the new Aviator Hybrid?

I am leaning towards a G80 or G90 genesis. Basically old guy car daily.driver and a few.long hauls to TH from FL. I still like supporting the American companies. Just got rid of the BMW. My only real options would be the driver alerts and cooled seats, HUD is a plus but not a show stopper.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
13C,
As I am getting older and my body is beat to hell. I need a smooth ride with some balls. What does ford have? Do you have any ins on the new Aviator Hybrid?

I am leaning towards a G80 or G90 genesis. Basically old guy car daily.driver and a few.long hauls to TH from FL. I still like supporting the American companies. Just got rid of the BMW. My only real options would be the driver alerts and cooled seats, HUD is a plus but not a show stopper.

I would STRONGLY suggest driving a 2020 Ford Explorer Platinum. I think it would be right up your alley.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I would STRONGLY suggest driving a 2020 Ford Explorer Platinum. I think it would be right up your alley.
Do you have a any digital brochures (link or email) on the MachE GT that would be helpful or is the Ford site sufficient? I am hesitant to order one without seeing one.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Do you have a any digital brochures (link or email) on the MachE GT that would be helpful or is the Ford site sufficient? I am hesitant to order one without seeing one.

Unfortunately, the only thing available currently is Ford's site. I've seen one in person, and they're awesome haha

Is it possible to get a current gen 150/250 with cloth interior and push button start?

Nope.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Unfortunately, the only thing available currently is Ford's site. I've seen one in person, and they're awesome haha

Nope.
Is that a sarcastic haha? The pics look good. I know the Mach crowd be having seizures.

08mojo

Established Member
@13COBRA Is it possible to negotiate a vehicle price lower than Z plan?

The wife and I are considering a new SUV to replace our old 2008 grand cherokee. The front runner being a new(er) grand cherokee, but we were really surprised by the new explorer (test drove an explorer ST). We do have access to a Z plan pin, but I am wondering if I could do better by negotiating vs z-plan.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You can always negotiate lower...if a dealer will say ok.

But in order to sell less than Z Plan, they'd lose $2k+.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Why is the push button start not standard on the $60k+ 250 when it’s standard on cars 1/3 the price?
Huge convenience not seek keys every time you get in.

does ford have an oem(look quality) way to add it aftermarket?

jrandy

Established Member
@13COBRA - Just picked up a 17 Explorer certified for my wife. There is still balance of factory warranty + the certified power train. Where's the best place to get extended warranty? Local Ford dealer's price was astronomical.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Why is the push button start not standard on the $60k+ 250 when it’s standard on cars 1/3 the price?
Huge convenience not seek keys every time you get in.

does ford have an oem(look quality) way to add it aftermarket?

I believe so, I've never added that though.

@13COBRA - Just picked up a 17 Explorer certified for my wife. There is still balance of factory warranty + the certified power train. Where's the best place to get extended warranty? Local Ford dealer's price was astronomical.

PM me your VIN, mileage, ZIP code, name and number...I'll have my warranty administrator call you and give you several options.

Users who are viewing this thread