QA1 k member question

xsd916

Established Member
Looking at ordering a QA1 kmember setup along with the A arms, and coil-overs. I was wondering if im going to have any fitment problems. I have heard that some aftermarket k members shift the front wheels forward. I need the extra clearance for a turbo project.

03bluemach

Established Member
best bet is to call whatever turbo company your going with and ask what k members they've tested with thier kit .. qa1 will shift the wheels atleast all the ones ive seen.. hope this helps

KazooGS-T

Established Member
best bet is to call whatever turbo company your going with and ask what k members they've tested with thier kit .. qa1 will shift the wheels atleast all the ones ive seen.. hope this helps

It doesn't really shift the wheels, per say. It does however push them out some.

You will gain a LOT of clearance with a tubular k-member setup, there is a ton on my car.

Last edited:

xsd916

Established Member

Im looking at the newer On 3 turbo kit for the 96-01 and they used the Qa1 setup.

It doesn't really shift the wheels, per say. It does however push them out some.

You will gain a LOT of clearance with a tubular k-member setup, there is a ton on my car.

What k member setup are you running? I have 9 inch wide wheels on the front is that going to cause some issues?

KazooGS-T

Established Member
Im looking at the newer On 3 turbo kit for the 96-01 and they used the Qa1 setup.

What k member setup are you running? I have 9 inch wide wheels on the front is that going to cause some issues?

I have a QA1 setup, and have 9'' wheels in the front, there is no problem. What I am saying is that it makes the front wheels stick out farther than the fender by a little bit.

xsd916

Established Member
I have a QA1 setup, and have 9'' wheels in the front, there is no problem. What I am saying is that it makes the front wheels stick out farther than the fender by a little bit.

As long as there is no fitment issue, I'm good to go. Thanks for the help guys

94venomV8

Established Member
I have always read the QA1 moves the wheels 1" forward which I didn't want so I am going with a Team Z piece which is higher quality anyways.

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
I have a full QA1 tubular set up on the front of my car and I can promise it moves the wheels both forward an inch and out an inch. I also have 9in front wheels and the rub on tight turns...also On 3 Performance desighned there kit around the QA1 and front what I was told all others will have rubbing issues. To the OP if you would like some close up pictures of the front of my 00 gt(same QA1 K member) I can take some tomrw for you. Good luck either way :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread