Quad shock touching rear shock??

buck667

Toxic Venom
Established Member
So here's the scoop. I've got a 98 cobra and just recently put in sportlines and tokico illuminas. I also put 18/10.5 saleens on the back with 315s. I needed to flip the quad shock otherwise it would have hit the tire. However; now the quad shock is touching the rear tokico shock. I haven't been able to drive it because I live in MN. Am I going to have any issues with this or should I just by an after market LCA so I can eliminate the quad shock?

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Nope,
IMO the only way to get rid of the quad shocks is if you have a Torque arm or 5 link rear set up.

On stock suspension geometry even with good UCAs and LCAs the angle of the uppers is to great to properly prevent axle roll.
Axle roll can cause wheel hop and strange pinion angles.

buck667

Toxic Venom
Established Member
I can't believer knowone has run into this before. Come on fellas/ladies, help is much appreciated.

buck667

Toxic Venom
Established Member
I've also read on here that if you replace the stock LCA with an aftermarkt LCA you don't need to use the quads.

mackj66

Established Member
It seems that a set of stiff upper and lower control arms with a panhard bar will allow you to lose the quads and still reduce much of the unwanted axle movement. No one seems to have a definitive answer though.

95PGTTech

Established Member
Nope,
IMO the only way to get rid of the quad shocks is if you have a Torque arm or 5 link rear set up.

On stock suspension geometry even with good UCAs and LCAs the angle of the uppers is to great to properly prevent axle roll.
Axle roll can cause wheel hop and strange pinion angles.

I concur about the five link

roush24

Established Member
Y dont you try contacting someone like steeda or someone that makes the control arms, they will be able to tell you about the quad shocks and such.

Users who are viewing this thread