quadrant/adjuster install help

RB8888

Established Member
I am installing the Fiore adjuster/quadrant on my '04 Cobra. I have the adjuster installed as well as the quadrant. My problem is if I attach the cable on the quadrant, I don't have enough slack to hook it to the clutch fork in the trans, and vica-versa. Thanks

Last edited:

BelvedereGTX

Banned
why didd you disconnect from clutch fork? I just did the steeda adjuster last week, by simply taking it off the clutch quadrand. I did not need to remove the seat either at 6'4" 240 pounds i fit in there. Tonight iam putting on the quadrant the same way. I think you did it as the instructions said but there was no need to. Anyway. Back the adjuster all the way out or remove cable from quadrant this should do the trick

BradN01

Yes, it's factory paint
Established Member
I'd love to have some advice but I've had this ordered since Feb. 14th and it still hasn't came in!

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Assuming you have the adjuster on the firewall properly, fully read the instructions, etc. etc., you should be able to screw it down towards the firewall and it go on easily. Then unscrew it accordingly.

SpectorV

Established Member
you need to let the firewall adjuster all the way in to get as much slack in the clutch cable as possible, having it backed off keeps the cable pulled back as well. Did you cut the peices off of the clutch cable that you were supposed to so it mounts flush to the firewall adjuster (I had to on my 01 mustang not sure if the 03/04 cobras have to do this just an FYI)

it should hook after all this is taken care of.

compcobra

Established Member
I have both the fiore firewall adjuster and quadrant. The problem I am having is that the adjuster is backed so far out that it is coming in contact with the valve cover. I previously had the steeda quick release red quadrant with the same problem, so i tried to install the fiore quad thinking this would fix my problem. It seems to be worse. Backed all the way out hitting the valve cover there is still about two inches of freeplay on the pedal. The car also has the LDC freeplay correction kit, and the car only has about 4000 miles. I don't know what else to try..... anyone know where I am going wrong? :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread