Quality Concerns with GT500???

03Terminator

03 Red Fire Cobra
Established Member
I'm going to wait until after the Detroit show as well. I want to see the final production version and get the final price. I also want to see some performance figures so I can compare it to my 03 Cobra.

Terminator

Established Member
KevinB120 said:
. There is nothing special about an asian import. They make car lines out of 3 platforms and 3 motors and just put them in other thin-metal spot-welded cans.

I agree 100%. I say the same thing to people and I get the dumb doggie look. Domestics have come a long way,
Mustang, 500 & F150 are good examples.
I would stack those three against any imports (Japan).

toomanymustangs

Philosopher
Established Member
Ry_Trapp0 said:
BTW, does anyone know what fords doing about the next big diesel? ive heard that their gonna switch to a CAT in 1-2 years so they own some of cat and ive heard that their gonna go for cummins when their contract with dodge is up. apperantly their not gonna be sticking with international in the future though.

CAT is junk. Since Ford owns Cummins they will start putting them in their trucks before long.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
The Ford GT is a big let down (serious recall issues) for that big of a price tag! With this car being more than half of the price knocked off for damn near the same drivetrain it'll be too. :nonono:

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Think about the issues they'll avoid just by eliminating the IRS. No more pop, tink, clunk, broken half-shafts, broken rear covers, leaking, worn half-shaft splines, mysterious rear end noises, etc. I know a lot of people are sorry to see the IRS dropped, but I think it will be a huge improvement to see all of those problems disappear.

Users who are viewing this thread