quarter mile

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
Went to Mirimachi last weekend. The track sucks big time. Poor traction. I spun hard in 1st. I couldn't even beat my previous best of 12.1. My mph went from 116 to 125.5 though. I know I'm making the power but I couldn't harness it that day. 2.3 to 2.1 60's all day. Not good. Next season I will go to Epping where the track is better and hopefully break into the 11's. Hopefully low ones.

97greensnake

cUban cRime wAve
Established Member
yo, i have a 97 cobra i got like a month ago :coolman: and i went to desoto to run lastnite and i was get 2.3-2.5 60ft time my best was a 2.1 i think running high 14's @95.5mph i know its the driving and also it was my first time on a track got any tipps ?> also what are some free mods i cant do to the stang?>:thumbsup:

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
I don't think there are any free mods except for taking off your air silencer. I would recommend putting in some 3.73 gears before any other mod. This is your best bang for the buck. Driving style is hard to talk about because I never took it to the track before it was supercharged. These are heavy cars and are hard to launch. Slip your clutch while revving a bit and you will probably hook better. Get some drag radials. Pacific green is the same as what I have. Good choice!

97greensnake

cUban cRime wAve
Established Member
THAnx, i wasnt too sure about the color but now i know how rare it is, when i went to the track some people thought it was fake but the hardcore guys where like "holy shit" "u know how rare that is ?" so know i like a lot more and i picked it up at a saturn dealer in miami for 12,900:thumbsup:

Neurotoxin

Established Member
Congrats on your recent purchase. I've run my 97 Snake a couple of times and the best I could do is 14.3 @ 98mph. This was with drag radials and it showed with a great 2.0 60ft time. The car was bone stock at that point. I haven't taken it to the track since my cold air instal but I don't expect to see any difference. My next mods will be 3:73's and a chip. Not free mods but I believe these mods are worth it. Have fun. :)

Users who are viewing this thread