Question 1991 Mustang LX 5.0

04Red-Snake

Established Member
I have been looking for a 1990 - 1993 Mustang LX 5.0 for a little while. I just found a 1991 Mustang LX 5.0, original owner, 100% stock, garage kept, 53K miles, 5 spd, red / black, paint & interior in super clean condition, tires in good condition. The only thing is the A/C according to the owner needs to be charged. He wants $10,000. I do not have experience or know prices all that much, and was wondering if any of you guys could let me know what you think. I have not made an offer yet, but the owner seems to be hard on the price. Do you think that is a fair price? Thank you in advance for your help and comments.

werstlna

Established Member
Price sounds reasonable as you described it. Notch cars '90-93 are gaining in popularity and it appears the seller is aware of this. Have the car checked out for surprises.

kyStang1889

Ford Tech
Established Member
Price sounds reasonable as you described it. Notch cars '90-93 are gaining in popularity and it appears the seller is aware of this. Have the car checked out for surprises.

he never said it was a coupe.

i think that is high, atleast around here my friend payed 8500 for a perfect 42xxx mile lx with gt40p heads f cam trickflow intake and an s-trim

phil'snotch

Established Member
he never said it was a coupe.

i think that is high, atleast around here my friend payed 8500 for a perfect 42xxx mile lx with gt40p heads f cam trickflow intake and an s-trim

thats a different ball game... he said this car was stock! that car has mods, especially the kind that will split the block down the middle. a whole new set of problems to deal with

kyStang1889

Ford Tech
Established Member
it doesn't matter if the car is stock or not, these cars are NOT collectors there are way too many of them

yea it is nice to have a fresh slate but i would never pay 10k for one but its not my money so....

ps
i've seen stock bottom ends only for years at 550 whp much less just south of 400

Last edited:

werstlna

Established Member
Guys, I am sorry I did not mention this before, but the car is a hatch. Thank you again.

Sounds a touch high for a hatch, but still a decent starting point. The market seems fixated on notches right now. Who knows, maybe hatches will become popular as well?

Users who are viewing this thread