question about 3 hook quadrant

stebolton

Established Member
hello i just change my TOB and sleeve! Once the trans back in place i tried to ajust my clutch cable (i have 3 hook quadrant and upr firewall ajuster the last owner installed) I screw all the fire wall (look the pics) to give maximum loose and the TOB is still in contact with the clutch fork its also put pressure on it ! the cable is hook at the tird hook of the quadrant if a put on the second will let more loose to the cable and after i will ajust the fire wall to tighten the cable!

fire wall
IMG_0940.JPG
TOB still aply pressure on clutch fok
IMG_0942.JPG

FortLewisCobra

Established Member
It may not be a problem, the factory set up has the tob applying around 8lbs of pressure to the pressure plate. I just replaced mine and my brand new tob squeeled unless it had constant pressure.

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
With the cable off of the clutch arm, move the clutch arm forward until the TOB touches the pressure plate. Where is the clutch arm within the opening?

Ideally, the clutch arm should be midway or a bit farther back within the opening. If it is too far forward, it may hit the front wall before the clutch is fully disengaged.

There is also the possibility that something was installed incorrectly. Go back over everything and you should be able to trace it down. Good Luck.

stebolton

Established Member
thanks i will check that but i dont think the arm hit the front wall because i try to push on the clutch pedal and nothing seem hit a another with clutch fully drepress evrything was smooth !

Users who are viewing this thread