Question about A\F ratio.

GHIG'13

Established Member
I just put in my aeroforce gauge and its working fine. My question is that while monitoring my a/f ratio I have noticed that if I let off the gas and let the car decel in gear that the a/f pegs out at 28.11 and will stay there until I clutch it. I am pretty sure this isn't really good for the motor, but realized I never did that while datalogging for my tuner. Should I let him know or is it ok? Thanks guys.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
While engine braking to save fuel this motors cut out fuel. That's what I saw on a magazine article about the coyote when it first came out. I would imagine that the a/f ration would be quite high under those conditions. But it shouldbt harm anything because cylinder presures are low in those events.

125oh

Established Member
My aem does the same thing . At wot it will read 12.6 then when you get out of it , it leans way out . Its normal I'm pretty sure . Your data logs should show it also . Thats why it will show a max of 2.00 lambda cuz when you get off of it it goes way up . I might be totally wrong but the wide band is reading the mixture of burnt fuel and oxygen in the exhaust , well when you let off from acceleration there is no more burnt fuel being measured therefor a lean condition . Like I said I could be way off as I'm trying to learn all of this also . Hopefully someone else will chime in

GHIG'13

Established Member
While engine braking to save fuel this motors cut out fuel. That's what I saw on a magazine article about the coyote when it first came out. I would imagine that the a/f ration would be quite high under those conditions. But it shouldbt harm anything because cylinder presures are low in those events.

My aem does the same thing . At wot it will read 12.6 then when you get out of it , it leans way out . Its normal I'm pretty sure . Your data logs should show it also . Thats why it will show a max of 2.00 lambda cuz when you get off of it it goes way up . I might be totally wrong but the wide band is reading the mixture of burnt fuel and oxygen in the exhaust , well when you let off from acceleration there is no more burnt fuel being measured therefor a lean condition . Like I said I could be way off as I'm trying to learn all of this also . Hopefully someone else will chime in

Thanks guys, I was thinking I had read that somewhere but wanted to make sure. The car only has 675 miles on it and the Paxton has only been on it for a week. Didn't want to take any chances.

NoSlo5oH

Established Member
That's normal. I have a '13 with the track package and my a/f gauge pegs out at 20.0 during deceleration.

Cashbum

Established Member
As they've said before me it's a fuel decel cutoff thing. No need for gas when coasting and won't hurt anything either

KonaFifty

Established Member
It is not just these motors, every motor should do this. My last 2 Evos did the same thing.

Torchy

Established Member
If ya want to get technical it's called ADFSO (automatic deceleration fuel shut off)

Ford puts this on most/all of their vehicles in their line up. It's purely there to help fuel economy and doesn't hurt anything.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
My srt4 did this also. My buddy's STI did too. Very common. You'll notice when talking to tuners that they mostly only care about WOT a/f ratios. The big thing for a while on srt4's was that people were leaning out their cruising A/F's to like 15.5-16.0 and getting better mileage with no negative side effects. Its not like u have super high cylinder pressures at cruise.

Users who are viewing this thread