question about air induction...

vita

Established Member
hey guys.. ive been looking at CAI's, and have heard a few things Id like to check on.

Whats my best route for a CAI? I want to stay N/A, no plans to boost. Ive heard the CAI's for these cars aren't THAT great though, and that id have more luck with a Ram Air intake. What kits are available with some decent reviews?

On a separate note, would it be worth it getting a Mach intake system (the stock shaker one) for my 4v engine? If i remember right, the machs had a 4v also... so it should bolt up. right?

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
the CAIs are expensive and a PITA to install, and risk sucking up water. The RAI is cheaper, easy install and much less likely to suck up water. The power difference is almost none considering the factory intakes are decent already.

Get an RAI and be done.

Also the shaker wont provide any gains. They look good on Machs but don't see it fitting well on a corba. Plus it makes getting the to intake manifold etc harder and adds some weight. Also the Mach 1 hood is needed. Alot of work & money for looks

COBRA90GT

The Joe is rockin'
Established Member
Well, if you don't drive your snake in the rain (ie - it's a "good weather" car), running a full length CAI isn't a big deal. Installing a CAI isn't overly difficult either. Cost can be a little pricey but you can always find a used one in the classified or even make a homemade one if you're really on a budget.

The best routing for the tubing is probably to follow the path of your original upper intake tract and feed it down into the passenger fenderwell near the splash guard. Now, if you do drive your car in rain, you might want to consider a CAI that doesn't locate the air filter "low" in the fenderwell area.

mustangman36578

Established Member
i am selling my BBK cold air intake with a 90mm LMAF meter if you are interested. it sits high in the fender well. it was on a daily driver and driven through heavy rain at times and i never had any issue with it sucking in water.
you can kind of see what it looks like in my sig. pm me if you are interested.

Users who are viewing this thread