Question about belt on s/c 96 cobra

Cobra96SVT

Beat Slow
Established Member
i have a p-1sc on my 96 cobra and have been having alittle trouble with my belt. i have a 3.9 pulley on and am running a 115in dayco belt and every now and then the belt jumps one or two ribs off the pulleys( jumps away from the motor). the belt seems pretty tight on there and i stopped by a&a to see if they had any belt sizes alittle smaller than the 115 and the next closes thing is a 111in. the supercharger lookes like it may be off align from the other pulleys about a couple of mm. my question is what size belt are other people running and do u thing a 111in would be too small since a 115 is on there now and could the supercharger pulley be causing this since it is off align by a few mm it looks like. thanks

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
I had a p600b with a 2.95 pulley and I used a 111.5 and I had to pry it on basically. You will not get a 111in belt on with a 3.9 and I dount KY would even help. Try a 112.5 and get a screw driver and a buddy to help you out on the tensioner.

01yellercobra

Established Member
If your pulley isn't aligned, it could cause the belt to jump. I'd fix that first then try another belt if it's still jumping.

Cobra96SVT

Beat Slow
Established Member
yea im prob gonna try to find another smaller belt, the wierd thing is that the belt is perfectly for awhile of beating on it and normal driving then one day it just pops. i even went to the track last night and ran twice and the belt is perfect. ill prob try to align it when i delete the imrc. it just sux cuz its my only car. thanks

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
Im pretty positive you have a bad belt tensioner. Mine did the same thing. If your pulleys are not aligned it will jump off at idle, not only while at wot. Change that tensioner because its cheap and youll stop eating belts.

Users who are viewing this thread