Question about cams and comp ratio?

91Man

Established Member
1st
Have a 03 cobra with stock 52cc heads -16cc pistons and stock head gaskets. Now with this I get a compression ratio of 9.3-1. Would anything change compression wise if it was .20 overbore and what would it be?

2nd
I am going whipple 2.3. Im getting complete blower, pullies, intake, throttle body and exhaust from owner. His car is factory stock longblock. His car made 623hp 592tq at 20psi. Now I know different dyno's, temp's, elevations all that come into play and am not looking for hard #'s. But my car has 9.3-1ish compression and crower stage 3 cams and am wondering if it would "all things equel" be about 50whp more?

Quick Strike

Established Member
I don't get 9.3:1 with your combination. Stock pistons are 17cc and stock heads are 52cc for 8.5:1 Static compression. This means you have only lost 1 cc in volume compared to stock. That would only result in a .1 increase in static compression over stock or 8.6:1. Maybe your block was 0 decked? A .020" overbore would net roughly another .1 increase in static compression for 8.7:1 as calculated.

I have 9cc pistons, 50cc chambers, .006" piston to deck clearance, and a .020"overbore for roughly 9.8:1 static compression.

Users who are viewing this thread