Question about car inspection

hilo

Established Member
Is it possible to get an early inspection done? My inspection date is April, but I have an off road x-pipe that I would love to install right now, I want to get the thing inspected tomorrow.

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
hilo said:
Is it possible to get an early inspection done? My inspection date is April, but I have an off road x-pipe that I would love to install right now, I want to get the thing inspected tomorrow.
In MO I beleive an inspection certificate is good for 90 days. It just depends on your state so you'll need to research it that way.

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
hilo said:
So you are saying either 90 days before or after the due date?

No, I mean the certificate is good to use for your registration for 90 days after you recieve it for passing inspection.

My guess is, since I'm guessing your registration is due in April, if you took the car to get it inspected and got the certificate now, it would still be good through April when you needed to complete your registration.

SPXTrader

Certified Loon
Established Member
In NC you have annual inspections like we have here in VA, don't you? If so, I'd just go to the shop, tell them you're selling it and the buyer wants a new sticker...

Users who are viewing this thread