Question about CEL

Cobra96SVT

Beat Slow
Established Member
I just put on my UPR O/R X-pipe yesterday with mils. It was a PITA getting those four bolts off on the manifold but we did. It sounds pretty nice and is pretty loud too. It rattle agaisnt the floor alittle but o well.
Now my question is about my CEL. It came on after the x-pipe install and I got it scanned it came up with two codes for Air and Fuel Meter? I am just wondering what this is and if anyone knows how to fix it. Has anyone else had this problem after installing an o/r x or h-pipe. I am thinking maybe a tune but idk. Thanks

Cobra96SVT

Beat Slow
Established Member
I have mil eliminators on there though. Does this mean they are broken. I wouldnt see how they would break but they must i guess. If so its a good thing i got them for almost free.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Mils don't always work, and even if they do the rear O2s could still be bad.
Mils only boost the rear O2 signal, so if the signal is really bad the mils can't get it into range and you still have a CEL.

2 options,
1. get a tune and have them turned off.
2. replace rear O2s and try Mils again.

Cobra96SVT

Beat Slow
Established Member
Maybe ill try a tune sometime soon. I have some time til inspection so hopefully i will get it sorted out by then or else ill be putting the stock h-pipe back on for emisions. thanks for the info

Users who are viewing this thread