question about coolant

cobravenom99

Established Member
Hey,i just changed the coolant today in my 1999 cobra ( well i attempted to), ive never done this before and i just followed the instructions on the prestone super flush bottle. i filled it back up and i didnt get any where near the capacity of 14.1 quarts. i started jus now to read a couple of the articles about changing the coolant and it says to do a totally differnt thing, like to burp the system which i didnt do, i think i screwed up. i know this question sounds stupid but does any one have any advice and is it safe to drive like this?

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
Did you fill it up at the crossover tube?

If so, then you should have the entire amount in the motor by now.

If you only filled up the reservoir/degauss bottle and radiator, then your car is in big trouble.

01vert

Established Member
Fill by the crossover tube or you will have a huge air bubble in your system and you need to get rid of it.

01 Venom

Established Member
there are instructions in the how to, its no problem but I wouldnt run it because if you didnt do it right you will over heat pretty quick.

GHRVENOM

Established Member
I found out the hard way and filled throught the filler cap area and had to keep filling it over and over after drives to get rid of that damn air bubble.

cobravenom99

Established Member
Thanks for replying back, and yea i guess i messed up then cause i refilled it thru the reservoir bottle, not the crossover tube. I drove it today and it didnt overheat, but i had to add more coolant cause the reservoir was low. i heard someone say may car is big trouble, what kind of trouble am i in?

dec322

Established Member
How To: CLICK HERE

Trouble: Head damage, Head gasket damage. Mine overheated and I've had to replace the head gasket. The car has been in the shop for 7 weeks this Thursday.

Scout238

Eaton Poweredddddd!!!
Established Member
Well there is part of your problem right there... the block holds quite a bit of water and it won't drain from just the radiator.

Users who are viewing this thread