Question about cooling...347-in a 94 cobra

Credit2NV

Ready to be eNVed?
Established Member
Has anyone ever installed an electric fan in front of the ac condenser, to help flow air into the radiator, and to help the ac system with cooling? if so any pics? did it help at all?

thanks,
to all

My94GT

Established Member
people use fans to push air alot, but do you really need it?? all im running cooling wise is a 180 t stat and a fluidyne rad. the car runs cool even in traffic. as for the ac i havent used it but i imagin if the rads getting enough air to stay cool the condensor should be set too.

cobraman1024

Waiting to be Blown....
Established Member
when ever I turn on the ac..
the car starts getting very hot.

I know what you mean. My '95 Cobra and '95 v6 Mustang both get very hot when sitting in traffic on a 90+ degree day with the A/C on........The coolant isn't boiling though and I'm not losing any coolant at all. The '95 Cobra has a 180 T-stat, Fluidyne radiator and waterpump is just over a year old. The electric fan works on both high and low speeds at the appropriate times. The '95 v6 Mustang has all stock or stock replacement stuff and doesn't lose coolant either but still gets very hot.

JasonSnake

Established Member
Do you still have a stock rad? Maybe it's getting very old and doesn't flow as well anymore. When you turn on the AC, the condenser's hot air is just amplifying your problem

blackpony95

Established Member
hey guys i added a small 12'' electric fan on the front side of the condensor and it has so far seemed to solve my problem.... mine was getting hot on warm days with the a/c on but now it stays about mid way on the M instead of the A or L.... i just went to a local salvage yard and found a random car with a small fan and took it... got it for free... tapped into the power supply to the high side of the fan and tada works like a charm.... so far that is....

hope this helps....

Credit2NV

Ready to be eNVed?
Established Member
Hope that will help me as well...toby...

BTW- brand new rad.(fluidyne type) new water pump. 180 t stat..and new fan/motor...
Also replacing entire ac system and putting an electric 12" fan in front of my ac condenser as toby did, above!

Last edited:

JasonSnake

Established Member
I'd say still keep an eye. By adding an extra fan, it sounds like you're only covering the real problem. But of course, I don't know how hot a 347 runs either..

Users who are viewing this thread