Question about exhaust setup....

quadcam

i r teh ubar n00b
Established Member
Ok, I have Hooker supercomp longtubes, a Hooker offroad x pipe, and Blowmaster 40s. Needless to say, my car is loud as fack, and annoyingly so. I'm tired of having to yell to my passengers.

My question is, if I were to go back to a stock Cobra catback, would I lose any considerable ammount of power, or would I just lose like 3-5 horsepower? I REALLY want to quiet it down in the car, I'm just tired of the resonance and the "sizzle", but I don't want to give up alot of power to get rid of it.

Any suggestions??

PACIFICGREENSVT

Established Member
i have allmost the same set up as you flowtechs and a off road x pipe but with the foctory cat back. its nice and quiet ! i cant say anything about a power loss i have never had flowmasters or anything.

quadcam

i r teh ubar n00b
Established Member
PACIFICGREENSVT said:
i have allmost the same set up as you flowtechs and a off road x pipe but with the foctory cat back. its nice and quiet ! i cant say anything about a power loss i have never had flowmasters or anything.

Nice car, good color choice. :D

Do you by any chance have any dyno numbers?

edit- not that they would do too much good since I've changed so much since I've been on a dyno. rofl

Last edited:

coolguy10786

Established Member
SOTP i felt i big diff going from stock catback with welded in flows to bassani. I had bassani mids and catted x too. Of course i also took out the cats at the same time as well.

quadcam

i r teh ubar n00b
Established Member
coolguy10786 said:
SOTP i felt i big diff going from stock catback with welded in flows to bassani. I had bassani mids and catted x too. Of course i also took out the cats at the same time as well.

That's where I have always figured the power came from, not the muffs themselves.

I'm hoping one of the gurus that's on here can give me a definant answer. Ya know, they guys that not only could tell me yes or no, but the ones who can give me ten pages of numbers as to why it would do whatever. lol

FunkyBoss

Established Member
The difference between an off-road mid-pipe and a catted one is minimal, I'd start with that to quiet it down a bit. The car will still have a good growl to it, just won't be so obnoxious.

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
I prefer my catted H, over a off road, and with dumps. It's the loudes mechanically legal exaust system I've ever heard. I love it.

Chrome98Cobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Kinda off topic, but where did you buy for hooker LT's and X pipe, are they ceramic coated or Stainless?

Chrome98Cobra

Established Member
Premium Member
quadcam said:
I got em used off of here. I'm pretty sure they're ceramic, but I don't know. I'm had em Jethot coated though.
How much was the jet hot coating if you dont mind me asking.

Users who are viewing this thread