Question about first start up.

94venomV8

Established Member
Hey guys, I am getting my new motor back this next week and will be putting it back in the car, I have to purchase the turbo which I am just waiting for the income tax to come back and then bolt it on and hook up the piping. My question is when I put E85 in the tank (keep in mind tank has been sitting dry for a few months since I had the sump welded onto it) do I need to somehow clean it out or run something through all the lines that are new as well to clear stuff out? All my lines are stainless 8AN feed 6AN return and everything is brand new. What is the best way to do this to ensure I dont get anything through the system I wouldnt want, such as dust, chemicals, welding residue inside tank, etc. Thanks

injfuel

broke parts again
Established Member
filter

you can rinse your tank out if you want, the lines should be clean enough to hook right up, if your really worried about dirt i would rinse the tank with some petrol based fluid (gas,e-85,kerosene,)make sure it is completely dried out then hook everything up,run the car for a few miles or dyno time, then either replace or clean your inline filter, you have to remember you have filters on your fuel pumps and/or inline filter that will catch any small particles that might be in your lines or tank, after some fuel has passed through these filters you can change or clean them if you feel there was some debris in your fuel system

Digital

Established Member
you can rinse your tank out if you want, the lines should be clean enough to hook right up, if your really worried about dirt i would rinse the tank with some petrol based fluid (gas,e-85,kerosene,)make sure it is completely dried out then hook everything up,run the car for a few miles or dyno time, then either replace or clean your inline filter, you have to remember you have filters on your fuel pumps and/or inline filter that will catch any small particles that might be in your lines or tank, after some fuel has passed through these filters you can change or clean them if you feel there was some debris in your fuel system

+1. Remove the fuel line to the rails and key-on a couple times to blow gas through the system, maybe a liter or so and see if there is any debris. If not you're good to go and fire it up.

Users who are viewing this thread