question about fix it write offs

FuzzyDiceRule

Established Member
Hey, i just got pulled (73 in a 55, and fix its for tint and CAI) thats not the point. The cop kind of mumbled the fix it instructions, so i just want to clarify, for the CAI (induction mod) i believe he said it had to be signed off by a smog technician, can i just go to my local smog only station and have him write it off... Luckily i just found out that BBK has a carb number for my intake ( didnt know that when i got pulled...) and im just going to print the sheet off their website and present it... but yeah, can a smog only station sign that off, or does it have to be a peace officer like the tint?

also, does anyone know the rules for traffic school? im 18, my last ticket was mid way through junior year (about 1.5-2 years ago) and ive read that youre allowed to take traffic school to write off a ticket every 18 months, but ive also heard youre only allowed once as a minor, and once as an adult.. anyone know which is the case is CA?

Last edited:

Quik Z06

Established Member
Never heard of a smog tech writing it off, but I could be wrong. Most of the time I just go down to the police station and have a CHP or Sheriff sign it off. If it is CARB legal then you should be ok.

As for the traffic school, you are able to go every 18 months (depending on the severity of the ticket) Im some counties you can even get second offence traffic school, the judge has to approve it. It is a 12 hr course instead of 8 and cost's a bit more.

FuzzyDiceRule

Established Member
thanks for the response, so because it IS carb legal, and i dont need to replace it with the stock air intake, i can go to a police station and get it written off. That would be killer, seing as the closest BAR station is something like 20 miles from my place...

Hitman318

My other car is a cruiser
Established Member
you can also call the number written on the citation(if CA is like AL) and ask the court if you can come to the courthouse and show them the CARB certification for the part and get it written off. I dont know how CA is but in AL you have 72hrs to get it written off, either by the court, or any LEO

94_CobRa

Established Member
Buddy of mine got a CAI fix it ticket on his 02 GT before BBK had a CARB number for their intakes :D

He had to go to a referee station to get it signed off. Im sure any police station would work since you have a EO number.

As for the smog tech writing off a ticket.. that is not true lol

Users who are viewing this thread