Question About Identity Theft...

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
Hey everyone,

Quick question about a call I got this morning:

Someone calls from my home state (same area code) asking about a condo I'm apparently selling in Montego Bay, Jamaica.

Usually I'd say "wrong number," no big deal. However, in the message she left on my phone, the lady specifically said "Hi Zach, I'm calling about your condo..." meaning someone apparently knows both my name and phone number, and that's somehow connected to a condo sale in Jamaica.:shrug:

So, wtf? Should I be calling the bank/cc companies to put a fraud watch on my name or does this thing happen to everyone else on a regular basis?

Common

Established Member
Few things.

-Check your credit report in detail, check for any unfamiliar adresses on it. ASAP.

-If there is anything you find suspicious, contact Equifax, they will contact the other two.(transunion and other)
Put your credit score/s in fraud allert for about 14.95 for 90 days to start.

-Also, go to FTC.gov and file an identity theft claim
IF there is anything "big" you don't like on there, contact your local pd and file an identity theft report, just to have to cover your ass.

Get lifelock, to be REALLY secure, it's $99 for a year and they guarantee up to ONE million if you get scammed. It's a great company actually.

Good luck....

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
Cool, thanks guys. I'm going to ask around. I'm also suspicious it may just be one of my friends ****ing with me. I'll look into Equifax, and thanks for the offer DKS, I'll PM you if I find out a little more.

Users who are viewing this thread