Question about intake setup

StoplightWarrior

Established Member
Since I bought the 96 about a year ago, I was toying with the idea of supercharging it...now, I'm not going to, and I still have all the stock intake stuff in place...it needs to go. I've decided on the C&L intake kit + inlet tube...Should I go ahead and order a Throttle body also? If so, what is a good brand? I'm not as concerned with rwhp gain from the TB as I am with just getting a better throttle response. :coolman:

cgriff97cobra

I HATE DEER
Established Member
I have a BBK TB but it was on the car when i bought it so i dont know the difference. It has been said that if your not supercharged the TB is not worth it but i was wondering the same thing about the C&L mass air. I am running the stock mass air right now but I am looking into a C&L mass air and wondering if it is worth it.

StoplightWarrior

Established Member
cgriff97cobra said:
I have a BBK TB but it was on the car when i bought it so i dont know the difference. It has been said that if your not supercharged the TB is not worth it but i was wondering the same thing about the C&L mass air. I am running the stock mass air right now but I am looking into a C&L mass air and wondering if it is worth it.

I had the C&L 80mm MAF + CAI kit on my 2000 GT (before the blower) and I was very pleased with the results.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
i bought my car with a c&l but didnt like it at all. i tried putting a wms intake on the car and everytime i did it would start running extremely lean. i went to the c&l website and found out there maf's are not designed for use with rai/cai. i traded a friend for his stock one and havent had any problems since.

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
They don't work with the STB, and rubbing on the hood is very minimal. I got a very small rub, and I would have never noticed it was rubbing if other people didn't point it out.

StoplightWarrior

Established Member
URDONE said:
They don't work with the STB, and rubbing on the hood is very minimal. I got a very small rub, and I would have never noticed it was rubbing if other people didn't point it out.

are you happy with the kit? did you feel any gain?

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
StoplightWarrior said:
are you happy with the kit? did you feel any gain?

I am very happy with it. I had the K&N FIPK before, and I definitely felt a SOTP difference over that. Here is a picture of mine.

engine.jpg

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
A TB on a n/a car isn't worth it. I'd spend the 300$ elsewhere. BBK TB are junk. The best one is the accufab TB. But the stock TB flows well enough for n/a purposes. I 2nd the JLT advise. Good intake. Try to stay away from metal cai's. Metal retains heat. -Mark

sLOWDOHC

Established Member
Its....uh, too cold.

Actually, I still have yet to pick them up. Been working my ass off. OT > me.

Besides, there was no question. :poke:

Users who are viewing this thread