Question about meth...

Nuke61

Smoke 'em if you got 'em
Established Member
I have an S-Trim that I'll be installing in the next few weeks and I'm new to forced induction, so here's my question about meth... can I get my dyno tune for a safe level (running rich) and then add meth injeection afterward without doing another tune? I just want to add alky injection to make sure my motor doesn't put a hole in a pistion, since LSx motors tend to lean out piston #7. I'm asking here because I figure you guys should have quite the experience with alky injection.

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
If you run rich already then add meth you will be running super rich and Lose power. To gain any benefits from running Meth You need to tune for it. I could see it really helping you though. If it is the #7 Cyl. You are worried about I would Definately recomend Meth Inj to help guard against DET. It will cool Combustion temps dramaticaly.

customperforman

Drivin the Big Iron
Established Member
probably better (in your case) than running a combo of water/meth is running just water or water with just a little meth to keep temps down. my advice: tune normally or just a little aggressive and use the injection to add that element of safety.

Cobra Dude

Established Member
Nuke61 said:
I have an S-Trim that I'll be installing in the next few weeks and I'm new to forced induction, so here's my question about meth... can I get my dyno tune for a safe level (running rich) and then add meth injeection afterward without doing another tune? I just want to add alky injection to make sure my motor doesn't put a hole in a pistion, since LSx motors tend to lean out piston #7. I'm asking here because I figure you guys should have quite the experience with alky injection.

No, you should not tune and then add meth. There is more timming in a meth tune and you don't want to run a meth tune without meth.

Nuke61

Smoke 'em if you got 'em
Established Member
Yes, it's for hole #7, which have a tendency to lean out. I wouldn't be running a meth tune without meth, but a normal tune and then add meth strictly for safety. I'll see what my tuner says when I take the car up for the dyno tune.

Users who are viewing this thread