Question about one of the guns in Shooter

ThrottleJunkie

God Bless Silicone
Established Member
i would look into remington sps tactical .308, that gun a great value and less than your price range.

That was at the top of the list but I couldn't believe how difficult it was to find a standard Remington 700 sps in .308 around here. Ohio doesn't allow hunting with rifles; only muzzle loaders, shotguns and pistols so I guess it makes sense that a lot of places don't carry a wide selection.

Either way, I was able to find a Savage 11FNS used from a local Gander Mountain. It was funny because the guy who got it off the rack for me was not the same guy who registered it to me and after the registration was finished he went into the back to get a case not knowing it was a used gun. He thought it was brand new. Estimated it has less than 40 rounds through it. It has a 4+1 internal box magazine, Savage 10 SA and already had scope mounts installed.

Then I picked up a Center Fire 4-12x39mm scope with an illuminated mil-dot reticle and a cheap Winchester bipod from Wal Mart.

Rifle was $450 after registration and tax (MSRP is $600)
Scope was $75
Bipod was $30

So for $550 I have a lot more rifle than I expected and I won't have to wait for glass to shoot it. It wasn't the first choice in rifle, I would have preferred a Remington, but I'm stlll more than happy with my purchase and it's still a good platform to build a custom rifle off of in the future.

Once I get some photos uploaded I'll post em.

Users who are viewing this thread