Question about our taillights - Quick check for you...

Z20WHAT

Established Member
Just need a few fellow owners to check up on something for me.

I was in a minor wreck at the track where I went ass-end into a guard rail. It only hit on the left rear corner of my bumper, and ONLY the bumper.

Anyway, I just got it back from the shop and it's looking pretty damn good but I need to know if this one misalignment is okay or not. If I look at the left taillight and compare it to the right, it's slightly "inward" towards the center of the car a little bit more than the left one. To word it differently, look on the right outter edge of the left taillight, and it's pretty much up against the body 100%. I look at the left, and there is a few millimeters difference where I can see through.

I was told by one shop that this was because the impact shoved everything on the left on that side to the right, even though it only hit the bumper and the force was enough to do it. Well, my thinking is: it's a FORD and there are all kinds of slight misalignment issue if we look hard enough.

In all honesty, it's nothing obvious and the only reason I'm asking is because it may indicate some frame damage or other possible panel misalighments that I'd need to check into.

I'd appreciate it if a few of you could go check your taillights and let me know how they are. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread