Question about rear end and traction.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Your on the right track as a lot of guys swap blowers and drive around on the crappy stock tires and spin through the first 3 gears. Those tires your running are great for the street, not the strip. I also have the 555r on back and get slight wheel spin through 1st gear but the car stays pointed straight, stock suspension as well. I've been to the drag and if your serious about it you need a 15" drag tire to be successful unless your in the top 10% of drivers. Van would be a good guy to call and figure things out, I've spent hours on the phone with him it seems like and he always has good advice.

Tight Lines

Established Member
You need to get an alignment and adjust your thrust angle to zero. That will help dramatically with the counter oversteer condition.

I figured I had it set as close to zero as possible with the wheel base measurement equal, as well as other measurements.

I was following this thread about the Truetrac rear differential. Sounds like it will help eliminate your rear end kickout
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/svt-shelby-gt500-150/938314-truetrac.html

I will check out that thread, thanks.

My car is doing the same thing, I pretty much have what you have as suspension but my loweres are not adjustable, I also have relocation brackets, I had my lowers set in the center hole and it would go hard to the left once it started spinning, I thn put the arms on the top hole and now it goes hard to the right once it starts spinning, I also bought all the suspension to see if I could keep my car going straight but no luck.

Maybe better tires is the ticket, that's my next step.

If I do figure this out I will be sure to post. Good luck to you too.

Your on the right track as a lot of guys swap blowers and drive around on the crappy stock tires and spin through the first 3 gears. Those tires your running are great for the street, not the strip. I also have the 555r on back and get slight wheel spin through 1st gear but the car stays pointed straight, stock suspension as well. I've been to the drag and if your serious about it you need a 15" drag tire to be successful unless your in the top 10% of drivers. Van would be a good guy to call and figure things out, I've spent hours on the phone with him it seems like and he always has good advice.

Thank you for the information.

Users who are viewing this thread