question about rear slider window?

sil1002

Established Member
does anyone know if you can do or has done a mod for the rear slider window?? like one the newer f150 they have a button in the front where u can just hit it and it slide open???? let me know if this is possible and what has to be done id love to do it

qurtrn10

Established Member
Like this? :)

DSC_0084.gif

DSC_0023-2.gif

My power slider window from Ford should be here Thursday, and hopefully I'll havwe time to install over the weekend while I'm visiting some family. As soon as I can get it done, I'll post up a write up with pics. I've looked, but i haven't seen a Lightning that's done it with original Ford parts. I have seen one or two aftermarket jobs, but they haven't had that factory look. Hopefully, mine will.

Wish me luck!

And by the way, I love my adjustable pedals, too! Went in like a charm. :beer:

sil1002

Established Member
Like this? :)

DSC_0084.gif

DSC_0023-2.gif

My power slider window from Ford should be here Thursday, and hopefully I'll havwe time to install over the weekend while I'm visiting some family. As soon as I can get it done, I'll post up a write up with pics. I've looked, but i haven't seen a Lightning that's done it with original Ford parts. I have seen one or two aftermarket jobs, but they haven't had that factory look. Hopefully, mine will.

Wish me luck!

And by the way, I love my adjustable pedals, too! Went in like a charm. :beer:

man u gotta let me know how it works out for u and where u got the parts and such ok thanks let me know

BT2001SVT

I'm an Agent of CHAOS!!
Established Member
I thought the 03 Harley trucks came with a power rear sliding window?? If so you could probably swap that one in no problem.

BTW - QURTRN10 - that looks good, definitely let us know how it works out

:beer: BT

sil1002

Established Member
I thought the 03 Harley trucks came with a power rear sliding window?? If so you could probably swap that one in no problem.

BTW - QURTRN10 - that looks good, definitely let us know how it works out

:beer: BT

yeah im gonna look up more into it and let everyone know

BT2001SVT

I'm an Agent of CHAOS!!
Established Member
yeah im gonna look up more into it and let everyone know

Yeah it was an option for that year truck, after that they became on option for the next year/ new body style regular F150 supercrews as well, but the 03 Harley had a power sliding rear window as an option. I know a couple guys have done this to their L's already and it should be the easiest way to get what you want. As always, post up some pics and do a write up if you do it!!

Matter of fact you might want to hit up Steve (FORDSVTPARTS) he's a vendor here, great guy to work with and he'll get you the factory parts for 10% over cost directly from Ford; he's a part/service manager for Tousley Ford

BT

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread